Eliminating Yahoo Chat & Mobile Text feature

If you do not want to participate in Yahoo chat or messaging, it is annoying to realize that the function is turned on by default.

You cannot totally remove the function from showing up on the left side of your mail window, but you can permanently disable it!

Under Chat & Mobile Text, click the little down arrow after “I am” and select Offline. The next time you log into Yahoo Mail, your status will show as Offline! You will stay Offline unless you change it back to one of the other options.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The selection of "offline" does not persist ... and, the applet loads very slowly and both repeatedly crashes my browser AND prevents me from performing any other operation in the meantime. Yahoo are offensive, stupid morons. I am actively looking to find another email provider for my yahoo accounts.

Post a Comment