Secret to Highlighting Text Vertically in Microsoft Word

When you highlight text in Word, by default, the highlight proceeds from left to right, and then up or down depending on which direction you move the cursor.



But what if you want to highlight a portion of text vertically?

This might be very useful if you have a document with tabular data, and you want to highlight, and perhaps copy, a COLUMN of data. This technique, however, also works in regular paragraphs.

It is so simple! And the secret is...

Press and hold the ALT key while you highlight the text.

Cheers!
☼ ☼ ☼

1 comment:

Becca said...

This is wonderful news. I do use tabs a lot in my documents (tabs are a pain in Word) and often want to copy, but never read this tip anywhere ... I'm not sure I even looked. This will be of use to me. Thanks! Becca

Post a Comment